Manufacture the hatches

After having blackened all the hinges, I continued with the hatches, they are cut out of a block of sandwiched mahogany fineer & black paper.


























I only made a few eyes and some “L” shaped hooks at this stage to see if my theory will hold.


























As for the nails..
A few “old processors” (socket 370) were sold on ebay for a couple of euro’s (they are obviously getting sold out there for recycling of their gold)
Anyway I will have enough nails for several future builds to come..


























Today I made a serie of 4 hatches (to time the “production line).
The hatches themselves are pretty quick to make, but it takes time to install them.
I need to fine tune each hatch so it will fit inside the frame and “cut out” the frames so the hinges and the “L hooks” can be installed
So here’s the result .. (only a 100 left to build..)



























No comments:

Post a Comment