Carving Scrolls & Fenders

Today i really challenged my skills and started to carve “an minor ” detail to the stem..
As you might guess this is not an expertise I master so well, anyway, here are a few pictures how i ended up with the final result..
I used some scrap wood and started cutting roughly the shape and outlined a curl with an pencil..


I started drilling a few holes on the line from the middle (to prevent the wood from snapping) by using a 0.5 drillbit and carved all the curves/lines with a No.10 scalpel blade.


The result is not perfect but not too bad either, specially when considering that this is my very first carving.
I polished the surface (as it was pretty rough after cutting) and the best results gave a narrow strip (1 mm) of sandpaper (grit 2000)


























..and something completly different .., I placed all the fenders on starboard site.



No comments:

Post a Comment