Rigging of the Gun Carriages

Before I continue with the hull, I decided to find out how to rig the cannons.
The blocks needed for the cannon rigging are not provided by the kit so after a few tries I ended up with blocksizes of 2x2x3 and 2x3x3 mm.
..these are the smallest I can manufacture without too much trouble..
The next challenge was to shape/create the “hooks” (I tried 2 versions)


I really like the hooks in the top of the picture.
But the “eye” & “hook” concept is a long solution with the result that the blocks are very close to each other.
So to avoid this I made an “only 1 hook” version and glued these into the top of the blocks.
Underneath some pictures where both type of rigging is attached to a canon.



























In my opinion the blocks are to big for this scale but I'm afraid I have to settle with them …

No comments:

Post a Comment