Cannon hinges

Well i guess there’s no way around it ..
It is about here where I need the 104 hatches for the cannon ports so I better start up the production line for it ..
The fist hurtle is to create the 208 hinges for them..
I started with the easy part: cutting up app. 110 strips of a 0,2mm thick copper sheet.
For this I use a sharp cuttingblade, an ruler and a drillbit which I use as the guideline for the wide of the stripes.


























I cut gently across the sheet with the knife and use (in this case) a vice and “clamp” the markup line.
When now bending the sheet carefully back and forth it will eventually break on the cutting line.


























The result will be perfectly cut strips.


























The next task was also not so bad either.
I already had thought about this part and came up with the idea to use this “special” jig for bending the eyes of the hinges.



















































After all this I drilled all the holes by using a basic jig.


























And after brainstorming for a while I came up with the idea to use a 1 & 3mm routerbit,
(and again) a basic jig for all the “nice” curves to finish off the hinges.


























Not all of them are that perfect but hopefully I made enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment