Battens

I continued with the battens.
The first challenge I faced was to find a way to bend them with the curves of the bow.
I found out that these walnut strips are not that easy to position without having them shaped first.
The solution: I found a suitable coffee cup.


























After having them soaked and dried on the coffee cup the rest was a piece of cake..


























Bending the strips on the stem was a bit easier but I had to be a bit creative with the clamps…


























I just copied the premade holes in the stem from the original, but these "original" holes were completly misplaced as i have positioned the strips & battens slightly different..
So I closed them again with scratch wood and repositioned
them after all battens & strips on both sides were glued in place..


























Here’s the current state of the bow section with and without figurehead


No comments:

Post a Comment