Davids & Frames

Continuing with the Davits, and I made them as suggested by the kit without any modification.



























I decided to continue with the bow and started to look at the frames and rails in this section
The provided parts are laser cut & are basically OK, ..but they are made of plywood..


























so I decided to see if I could do it better
The first attempt I did was to glue a photo copy the parts on a sheet of mahogany and use a jigsaw to cut them out.
Probably because of my jigsaw skills but they turned out just terrible..


























So I did a second attempt where I used 4mm strips of mahogany and glued them together with a “half & half” connection at the corners to
strengthen the construction
(I don’t know what this technique is called) I hope the picture is clear enough to show it ..


























Here’s the comparison between the different versions I made and the original one.


























And here’s as a comparison "all the frames"
.. so far so good ..




No comments:

Post a Comment